Web DevelopmentUsing PHP
- Rather than have tags like: HTML5 adds specific new tags to better define the structure of a document. List some of these new markup tags added for better structure definition:
- Explain why HTML5's media support is important. This might require a bit of searching or asking because the answer is not spelled out in the w3schools website.
- What are video codecs?
- Make a couple observations about HTML 5 video codec support across different browsers after reading through the following article:
- Explain the importance of these blog postings:
- What is the new canvas element used for?
- What is web storage used for? (localStorage and sessionStorage)
- What are some of the new form elements?
- What are some tags that HTML5 no longer supports?
- What are Web Workers?
- Run IE, Firefox, and Chrome against http://html5test.com web site. Write their scores here. If you have a smart phone, try it out as well.
- Run this HTML5 calculator using Chrome or Firefox: http://graph.tk/ (Note that it uses web storage.)
- Take a look at the two drag/drop demos here: http://html5demos.com/. Give an example of how drag/drop might improve a user's experience:
- What does the History API do?
- What does cross-document messaging do?
- What do the geolocation tags do? How might they be used in a website?
You are not logged in. Log in here and track your progress.